The Bully Dog BDX Handheld tuner is a powerful tuning device that can give a boost to your engine and tweak it to give optimal performance. The device comes loaded with powerful ECU tune settings that can improve your engine’s horsepower and torque while providing better fuel efficiency as well.
The Handheld Tuner 40470 is built on the powerful 4X hardware chip that is used in most Bully Dog products. The powerful system provides triple functionality that includes engine tuning, performance monitoring and diagnostics that allow you to get more out of your engine.
What makes the device unique is that it relies on cloud based connectivity to deliver tune settings for your device. This means you can get the latest engine tunes from approved SCT stores on the go which keeps you ahead of the rest. The tuner can save up to 10 custom tunes offline to give you plenty of driving options to choose from.
Unlike most other Bully Dog products, this device comes in an elongated shape without a mounting stick. The device can be kept on the dashboard while driving and must be held in hand to use.
The options on the interface are self explanatory. The BDX handheld tuner has a large, bright screen with easy button controls. The gauges are displayed in large number with options to customize the PIDs.
Apart from the customizable PID monitoring option, the diagnostic programmer on the tuner can also read and clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes coming from the engine.
- The handheld BDX offers dyno-proven tune files for your engine. The tuner helps increase horsepower & torque for your engine allowing improved performance, better towing, efficient mileage and off-road potential.
- While most other devices come with obsolete tune files, BDX is programmed to always download the latest files custom-designed for your vehicle. Our online automatic updates let you get the best tune settings from your dealer. Wi-Fi updates and Cloud tuning have never been better.
- The tuner is built with a sleek new design and a full color display. It can be used as a handheld device but users also have the option of adding a magnetic mount that can be placed on the windshield and must be purchased separately.
- The monitor on the tuner can display a wide variety of vital engine & transmission parameters and you can also create custom gauge views. The device allows data logging and you can playback the record on a PC via Bully Dog’s Livelink software to maximize the potential of your tuner.
- The triple feature tuner can display a wide variety of PIDs as well as read and clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) from the engine removing the need to take your truck to a dealership every time there is a small problem.